UNIVERSAL AUDIO AND SOFTUBE ANNOUNCE MARSHALL “PLEXI” SUPER LEAD 1959 GUITAR AMP PLUG-IN
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
The only Marshall-branded plug-in, the “Plexi” Super Lead plug-in impeccably models Marshall’s golden unit from 1967
Universal Audio and Softube are proud to announce the Marshall “Plexi” Super Lead plug-in — the only Marshall-branded amplifier plug-in on the market — coming exclusively to Apollo audio interfaces and the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform in May 2015.
Marshall “Plexi” Super Lead Plug-In — $199
The 100-watt Marshall Super Lead Model 1959, commonly referred to as the “Plexi,” is one of the world’s most celebrated guitar amps. Softube worked with Marshall and recording engineer Tony Platt (AC/DC’s Highway to Hell and Back in Black) to craft a stunningly faithful emulation of Marshall’s own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 and captured using an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet in Kore Studios, London.
Now users of Universal Audio’s Apollo audio interfaces can get the dead-on Marshall Super Lead tone as they record in real time, while users of UAD-2 hardware can re-amp previously recorded tracks through this amazingly accurate plug-in.
Marshall Plexi Key Features:
- Faithful emulation of Marshall’s own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 with an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet
- Perfect for mixing and reamping with UAD-2 hardware, or tracking in real time with Apollo audio interfaces
- Microphone selections and placements by Tony Platt (AC/DC), captured in Kore Studios, London
- 3 different microphone combinations available — FET, Valve, and Dynamic — with three separate mics per setting
- Channel strip includes pans and volume faders for each mic, plus two band EQ
- Developed by Softube, available in May for $199 in the UA Online Store
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.