New Reverb Pedal For Guitar From EarthQuaker Devices
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
Third Version of Afterneath Enhanced Otherworldly Reverberation Device. V3 Offers Nine New Modes, Voltage or Expression Control Over the “Drag” Parameter, “Tails”/No Tails Switching and New Price Point
For centuries (or maybe just years), EarthQuaker Devices’ Afterneath creation has been the innovative go-to reverberation contraption for artists looking to create a lush and novel enchanting sounds befitting an axe-wielding wizard of the highest order. Unwilling to rest on their laurels, the alchemists toiling away in EarthQuaker Devices’ Akron, Ohio stronghold, have conjured, and are set to unleash, the Afterneath V3 and their creation becomes available for purchase at the brand new price point of $199 on April 15, 2020.
More information is available at http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/afterneath.
About New Afterneath V3 Features:
Afterneath V3 continues to offer the celebrated “Drag” feature and now it can be put under voltage or expression control using the “EXP” jack located on the side of the device. It operates in nine different modes, which are selected by a small “Mode” control located directly underneath the “Drag” control. These modes are as follows: Unquantized with slew, Unquantized volt/octave, Chromatic scale, Major scale, Minor scale, Penatonic scale, Octaves and Fifths, and Octaves. These modes drastically transform the operation of the “Drag” control functions.
- Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over the operating range
- Unquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range, but with a musical slew that is reminiscent of turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay. The “Drag” will lag behind the knob or voltage changes, but then quickly catch up
- Unquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1v/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage controlled oscillator.
- Chromatic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the chromatic scale
- Major Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the major scale
- Minor Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the minor scale
- Pentatonic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the pentatonic scale
- Octaves & Fifths: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves and fifths
- Octaves: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves
The device features a completely analog dry signal path, totally digital delay path, buffered bypass with Flexi Switch Technology, and a “Tails”/”No Tails” option on bypass.
Additionally, Afterneath V3 offers the following features:
- Enhanced otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays
- Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb
- Silent relay-based switching
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 500 Ohm
- Boxed dimensions: 5.5” x 4.25” x 3.25”
- Out-of-box dimensions: 4.75” x 2.50” x 2.25”
- Weight: 14 oz
About EarthQuaker Devices:
Top-six in the U.S. and one of the top-10 in the world, create products that are available in over 865 retail locations in approximately 50 countries. Its key retailers include Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Sweetwater and Thomann. EarthQuaker Devices has sold over 250,000 units.
The company’s current workforce reaches over 50 individuals, and has been praised for its commitment to inclusion, diversity and cooperation with other pedal manufacturers by Best Guitar Effects.