NAMM 2011 – BEHRINGER Releases 16-Channel Mixer
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
16-Channel Mixer Features Maximum Clarity at an Affordable Price
The new BEHRINGER XENYX UFX1604 boasts a stellar feature set that includes premium-grade XENYX mic preamps, “one-knob” compressors, British EQs and 24-bit onboard FX. The UFX1604 is light-years beyond the typical mixer, thanks to its built-in 16 x 4 USB/FireWire Interface and
16-Track USB-Recorder. Users can record live gigs directly to a USB stick, or even straight to a PC/Mac computer. The UFX1604’s transport section also functions as a remote control center for a computer-based DAW via MIDI.
Mono channels feature BEHRINGER’s legendary XENYX mic preamps, praised the world over by professional audio engineers for their sonic clarity and highheadroom performance. Channels 1 – 8 accept both balanced XLR and 1/4″ TRS, as well as unbalanced 1/4″ TS connections. A Line/Hi-Z switch is provided on channels 1 & 2 so acoustic, electric and bass guitars can be connected without the need for an external DI box. Mono channel EQ is a highly musical “British” 4- band with sweepable Hi and Low Mids, complete with bypass switch per channel. True +48 V phantom power is available (and individually switchable) for each of the mono channel strips—a feature virtually unheard of on a mixer in this class and price point.
The XENYX UFX1604 has not one, but two robust 24-bit stereo FX processors with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, phaser, multieffects and Tap function. Rounding out the package is an extensive Talkback section with onboard Mic, mono channel Inserts, four stereo Aux Returns, a plethora of output options, plus software downloads and much more.
- The most flexible Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer with dual multi-channel audio interface & multi-track recorder
- Built-in 16 x 4 I/O universal USB/FireWire audio interface with up to 24-Bit/96 kHz resolution and ultra-versatile routing options
- Built-in multi-track recorder – to record instantly up to 16 channels of uncompressed WAV files to any USB device without the need of a computer
- 2 Studio-reference FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb,chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects and Tap function
- 8 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy “one-knob” functionality
- 8 neo-classic “British” 4-band EQs with 2 semi-parametric mid-bands
- 4 neo-classic “British” 4-band EQs on stereo channels
- Comprehensive Monitor Section with Separate Level Control for Speakers and Dual Headphones
- Long-wearing 100-mm logarithmic-taper faders on all channels and sealed rotary controls
- 2 Hi-Z inputs, 8 channel inserts, doubled headphones outputs, balanced
- MAIN outputs (XLR and jack) for all kind of professional demands
- 4 Aux Sends per channel – all pre/post-fader switchable, 4 stereo returns plus CD/Tape input
- Software DVD with 150+ VST Plug-Ins, Audio Editor, Podcasting Software
- Built-in talkback section with internal microphone, routing switches and large “TALK” button
- 2 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility
- Each channel with dedicated level meter, and backlit SOLO and MUTE buttons
- Large transport section to remote control your DAW on PC/Mac via MIDI commands
- Internal “Planet Earth” auto-range power supply for worldwide use (100 –240 V~)
- 19-inch rack mount kit included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany