Keith McMillen Instruments Announces SoftStep 2
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
KMI announces the release of SoftStep 2, the next incarnation of its wildly popular programmable foot controller. Everything you ever knew about foot controllers is about to change… again! After carefully listening to our users, KMI has refined the SoftStep experience from the ground up.
SoftStep 2 hardware updates (exclusive to SoftStep 2):
- New cruciform controller pads for improved playability
- Brighter LED backlighting
- State recall in Standalone mode
- Double memory and CPU clock speed
- New case design
- User tables
- Same reliability… now wine and spirit proof!
New Editor & Firmware features (compatible with SoftStep & SoftStep 2):
- 8 times faster load time using 500 MB less memory
- Foot On as a source for all corners of the Nav Pad
- Advanced Key Lockout Modes
- Ability to switch between using 0-127 and 1-128 values
- MSB & LSB pitch bend support
- Settable MSB & LSB for bank messages
Pressure: Each key is pressure sensitive for expressive control
Direction: Translate up/down, left/right movements into control values on improved control pads
Portable: Weighs 1.25 pounds, stands <1” at its tallest, and is USB powered
Deep: Up to 6 Note, CC, Pitch Bend, Program, MMC, or OSC messages per key
Rugged: Elastomeric skin and a carbon fiber backing… “It’s beer-proof!”
Flashy: 4-character LED display, 10 dual-color key LEDs, and LED underglow
Stage Control: Ableton Live, Traktor, Guitar Rig, Amplitube, MainStage, Loopers and more
Studio Control: Activate transport and track selects hands free
Hardware Control: Synths, keyboards, and FX units all under control
Beyond Sound: Control lighting, video effects, robotics, pyrotechnics…
Class Compliant: Works with Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android
Come see us at NAMM, booth 6227 in Hall A.