TC-Helicon announces VoiceLive 3
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
TC-Helicon is proud to present VoiceLive 3 – their new flagship vocal processor and the ultimate 3-in-1 professional performance system for vocals, guitar and looping.
Since its 2004 launch, the VoiceLive series from TC-Helicon has provided singers and performers everywhere with unprecedented personal and professional control of their live vocal sound and effects. 2009 saw the release of VoiceLive 2, which fast became the #1 best-seller and set the bar for all subsequent TC-Helicon products. This year, TC-Helicon changes the game once again with the introduction of VoiceLive 3.
Going leaps and bounds beyond its predecessor, VoiceLive 3 introduces next generation hardware processing and a vocal effects path more comprehensive than anything created before. But that’s not all. VoiceLive 3 also includes a complete selection of Guitar FX with stomp box styles taken directly from TC Electronic’s popular range of TonePrint pedals. Add to that an innovative phrase looper ideal for song creation, loop jams, and arranging backing tracks on-the-fly (or at home) and you’ve got an incredible 3-in-1 powerhouse for singers and instrumentalists alike.
VoiceLive 3 is a true labor of love. With a mind-blowing vocal effects path more comprehensive than anything out there – featuring 11 independent effects blocks, over 180 different styles, and 250 factory presets available right out of the box (and 1000+ more available for free download) – VoiceLive 3 represents the absolute pinnacle of singer’s technology.
- NEW! Exciting new Harmony modes – Pedal, Fixed, and Mixed-Mode – for expanded voicing and musical possibilities.
- NEW! Authentic Vocoder with voice-controlled polyphonic synth and robot modes allow singers to play their voice like an instrument.
- Automatically and professionally produced vocal sound with enhanced Adaptive Tone™.
- Improved suite of TC-Helicon’s renowned vocal effects, e.g. Doubling, Harmony, Echo, Reverb, HardTune, Flanger, Chopper, Choir, and more. Upgrades include new delay filters, new HardTune styles, better sounding doubling and even more realistic harmonies.
- 250 factory presets, with onboard storage for 500 presets in total. Download and manage more presets via TC-Helicon’s free VoiceSupport app.
No-Compromise Guitar FX and Amp Tones
TC-Helicon’s sister company is legendary guitar FX maker TC Electronic, and by including some of the most popular sounds from their TonePrint pedals like Flashback Delay, Hall of Fame Reverb, Corona Chorus, and Vortex Flanger the guitar section of VoiceLive 3 is designed to rival even the most pristine pedal boards. Add to that the full gamut of great tone classics such as wah, octave, tremolo, and drive, and you’ve got an unbeatable guitar road kit.
- TC Electronic TonePrint FX styles from Flashback Delay, Hall of Fame Reverb, Corona Chorus and others.
- New Talk box, Chopper, Bass, Wah, and Drive guitar effects.
- A wide choice of amp emulations from vintage British to classic American, when bringing one’s own amp isn’t practical.
- Acoustic Mode allows for quick set up of VoiceLive 3 for acoustic guitar.
- Guitar chords automatically guide vocal Harmony, HardTune, Synth and Vocoder effects.
Building Better Songs with Loops
VoiceLive 3’s looper allows musicians to experiment with real-time song creation and arrangements of backing tracks with flexible verse-chorus-bridge switching. The built-in LoopAssist™ function features a multi-purpose metronome and quantization to help sync loops perfectly, while auto-expansion of loop length allows the creation of long loops on top of short ones, and vice versa, without having to set up the timing in advance.
Total Performance Control
VoiceLive 3 is designed to empower singers and performers, giving them easy access to presets, sounds and switching between them while providing complete customization of switch functions and deep edit control. The onboard I/O options make VoiceLive 3 a flexible and extremely portable performance command center. Dedicated stereo PA and guitar outputs, separate monitor and headphone mix outputs are provided, with a monitor mix input to boot. Also included are two RoomSense™ microphones for controlling harmony and adding ambience to the monitor mix, as well as two control inputs for expression pedals or TC-Helicon’s Switch-3 accessory.
- Consistent 3-layer UI philosophy: Vocals, Guitar and Looping each have their own switchable 6-button layout with stompbox-style access to individual effects and loop controls.
- Complete customization of footswitch assignments across layers to suit the personal style and requirements of the user.
- 4-channel stereo outputs with dedicated vocal and guitar channels: Send the guitar sound directly to an amp, completely independent of the vocal output going to the PA
- Independent headphone and monitor mix.
- Combo jack for main inputs and automatic input/output sensing.
- Monitor mix input and pass-through to other monitors.
- In-ear monitoring and amp-less practice with special Guitar & Headphone combo cable (included).
Summary: Main Features
- Complete vocal suite with next generation harmony processing, effects and tonal quality.
- TC Electronic stomp box effects, Amp Tones and dedicated stereo amp outputs to integrate fully with your guitar rig.
- Powerful 3-phrase looping lets you create and store entire songs on-the-fly.
- 100% Re-designed software and hardware – with powerful 3iC dedicated multi-core processing
Available: February 2014
Price: $799.99 US Estimated Price / £669 UK SSP / €799 EU SSP