Peavey Electronics® Introduces All-New Dark Matter™ Speaker Enclosures
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
In 1975, Peavey revolutionized the working man’s loudspeaker with the SP®1. Now, Peavey does it again with the Dark Matter series of enclosures. Thanks to its new advanced DSP-equipped power section, the Dark Matter series outperforms any existing enclosure in its category. These high-S.P.L. (Sound Pressure Level) enclosures feature modern styling and come in four available models: the DM™ 112, DM™ 115, DM™ 118 Subwoofer and DM™ 115 Subwoofer.
The Dark Matter LCD display and associated selector knob allow users to choose various parameters of operation for the DSP-based EQ. This includes bass and treble control access, as well as EQ presets for different applications or speaker positions/locations. These presets provide users with a highly flexible method of configuring the powered speaker system for a specific use with minimal time and effort.
Fan cooled for maximum reliability, the DM 112 and DM 115 feature Peavey’s exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide™ technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound. The DM 118 and DM 115 Subwoofers provide powerful low end with fully adjustable KOSMOS® for increased bass impact, and feature forced air-cooled power amps for optimum reliability.
The ultra-reliable Dark Matter series enclosures are built tough with steel grilles and rugged injection molded cabinets. Their convenient design allows for use as floor monitors or pole-mounted speakers. Perfect for band, DJ or other musical applications, the Dark Matter enclosures produce crystal clear professional audio.
- Two-way bi-amplified powered speaker system
- 12” heavy-duty woofer
- DX™14 compression driver, with 1.4 inch titanium diaphragm
- Fan cooled for maximum reliability
- Exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide™ technology, 110 by 80 degree coverage
- XLR/1/4” TRS input
- A Mic/Line switch provides for two different gain settings
- XLR output
- Rugged plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- Cabinet has rear corner angled sides for floor monitor use
- Full-coverage perforated steel grilles with powder coat finish
- Pole mount molded-in for 1 3/8” diameter poles
- DM 112 Dimensions (HxWxD): 25.13” x 14.63” x 14.38; Weight: 37 lbs.
- DM 115 Dimensions (HxWxD): 27.94” x 16.75” x 15.06; Weight: 42 lbs.
- Vented bass powered subwoofer enclosure
- 15” heavy duty woofer
- Power amp has forced air cooling for maximum reliability
- Internal line level low-pass/high-pass crossover network
- Fully adjustable KOSMOS® for increased bass impact
- XLR/1/4” combo jack input
- Two high-pass XLR outputs, one full range thru XLR output
- Phase switch for phase reversal of subwoofer
- Ground lift for lifting cable shield from ground
- Full-coverage heavy-duty perforated steel grill
- Steel handles
- Compact dimensions for a 15” woofer based sub
- Threaded pole mount with speaker pole included
- DM 115 Subwoofer Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.25” x 16.75” x 23”; Weight: 71 lbs./32.2 kg.
- DM 118 Subwoofer Dimensions (HxWxD): 25.75” x 19.75” x 23”