NAMM 2022 News – iZotope Releases Neutron 4 and Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
Latest update to iZotope’s flagship mixing software includes a whiff of fan-favorite Trash
iZotope, Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, has released Neutron 4, the latest update to its suite of intelligent audio production plug-ins.
Designed to make crafting a professional mix easier and faster than ever before, Neutron 4 allows users to sculpt sounds seamlessly while staying in their creative flow. Eight powerful plug-ins combine forces through AI-powered assistive audio technology to create the most modern and intelligent mixing experience yet.
Watch the video of Bill Podolak introducing Neutron 4 at NAMM 2022
Neutron’s Mix Assistant is now modernized into the new Assistant View. Powered by machine learning, the new version listens as soon as you play audio, producing a reference starting point and taking you to an intelligent control center where you can perfect your sound. The new Unmask Module discovers and fixes masking issues for you by making space between two competing tracks, balancing bass and kick, or allowing vocals to shine over your mix. With the new Target Library, dynamically match the tone of your track to a sample or stem with assistive tone-matching technology. Neutron 4 also brings back a slice of the fan-favorite iZotope plug-in, Trash, allowing users to distort and destroy audio and discover new extremes.
Also included are utility plug-ins Visual Mixer and Relay to help plug-ins talk to each other, plus Tonal Balance Control 2 to view your levels as you mix. All plug-ins included with Neutron 4 feature Apple M1 native silicon compatibility.
What’s New in Neutron 4:
- Mix in the moment: New powerful Assistant View, evolved from Neutron’s original Track Assistant.
- Match references in real-time: New Target Library to dynamically match a track’s tone to a sample or stem.
- Make space: The new Unmask Module in Neutron 4 discovers and fixes masking issues for you, enabling you to reach new levels of clarity.
- Distort responsibly. Or not: With a slice of Trash now in Neutron 4, distort and destroy sound with Trash Mode in the Exciter Module allowing you to discover new extremes.
- Punch it up: Make an impact using the new Punch Mode in the Compressor to control and visualize how hard your sounds hit.
- Tone and tame character changes in Neutron’s Exciter with the new Tone Slider, adjusting the emphasis to low or high-frequency content. Use the new Tame button to preserve dynamic expression as you destroy with distortion or dial up effects.
- Sidechain metering in the Compressor Module: See your sound, scope your sidechain. Visualize your dynamics with the new Oscilloscope View in Neutron’s Compressor.
Also released today, Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition welcomes the new Neutron 4 mixing suite, plus immersive reverbs Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D by Exponential Audio and six new effects plug-ins from iZotope’s partner, Brainworx, to the latest generation of the bundle. Best of all, those who buy or upgrade to the Universal Edition will also receive two major flagship product updates in September at no additional cost.
With 52 plug-ins included at launch, Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition includes all of the tools you need from creative effects and sonic shaping, to assistive mixing, vocal production, intelligent mastering, repair, and balancing. AI-powered audio assistants fuel every stage of the workflow with personalized starting points so users can skip the setup and stay in their creative flow.
What’s new in Music Production Suite Universal Edition:
- Neutron 4 for intelligent, modern mixing
- M1 Apple silicon native support for all iZotope products in the bundle, including Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 9 Standard, Nectar 3 Plus, Neoverb, VocalSynth 2 and more.
- Symphony 3D (M1 native coming Fall 2022) for lush immersive reverb
- Stratus 3D (M1 native coming Fall 2022) for creating immersive surround environments
- Brainworx bx_delay 2500 for innovative delay
- Brainworx bx_boom! to make kick drums big
- Brainworx bx_saturator V2 to add multiband saturation
- Brainworx bx_subsynth for holy grail bass fanatics
- Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro to clean up sounds
- Brainworx bx_refinement to tame harshness
- Plus: Two additional flagship iZotope product updates as soon as they are released (coming Fall 2022)
Pricing and Availability
Neutron 4 and Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition are available on www.iZotope.com and from select retailers as of June 2, 2022.
- Neutron 4: $299 introductory ($399 regular)
- Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition: $599 introductory ($999 regular)
Where to buy:
Existing iZotope customers may be eligible for additional loyalty discounts on Neutron 4 and Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition. Details can be found in the user’s account section on iZotope.com.
At iZotope®, we’re obsessed with great sound. Since 2001, our intelligent audio technology has helped musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. Today, iZotope is part of SoundwideTM. Soundwide’s mission is to make music and audio creation a more joyful and inspiring experience for creators everywhere by helping them to find, and stay in, their creative flow.
Stemming from the union of iZotope with Native Instruments, and including Plugin Alliance®, Brainworx®, and Sound Stacks, Soundwide’s collective vision is to inspire and empower creators to express themselves and reimagine the future of sound. Offering a world-class audio and music creation ecosystem, the brands under Soundwide have broad engineering capabilities across integrated software and hardware, AI and machine learning, cloud, and more. Currently they make up more than 600 staff, with offices across EMEA, NA and APAC regions, and a user base of over 10M.
Learn more at www.soundwide.com.