NAMM 2011 – Allen & Heath xDR-16 Audio Expander for iLive
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
xDR-16 is an expander unit for iLive systems, which helps satisfy the ever growing need for more
inputs, more monitor mixes and more recording feeds. xDR-16 puts the I/O where it’s needed –
across the other side of the stage, at FOH, in another room, on the drum riser, even in a
separate building. The xDR-16 integrates into an existing iLive system with a single CAT5 cable.
Up to two xDR-16s can be added to an iLive System, and each xDR-16 can operate up to 120m
from its parent MixRack over CAT5 cable using Allen & Heath’s ACE Link. xDR-16 provides
physical I/O expansion – it does not have any DSP processing power of its own. The expander
provides access to the powerful 64×32 DSP engine which is at the heart of all iLive MixRacks,
making xDR-16 a cost effective way to get more from an iLive system.
Features at a glance:
• 16 XLR analogue inputs
• 8 XLR analogue outputs
• Compatible with all iLive MixRacks
• Connection to MixRack via ACE link over CAT5 cable
• Port B for audio networking / recording interface option cards
• Up to 2 xDR-16s can be added to an iLive system*
• Network ports for software control
• Connection for optional backup iPS-10 power supply
• 3U rack mounting