NAMM 2011 – TC Electronic Introduce New Bass Amp – Blacksmith!
MikesGig is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure HERE.
Bass amp 2.0 has just reached a high point. Blacksmith unites immense power and versatility, achieving raw excellence.
With Blacksmith on-stage, power is not an issue – large clubs, major venues or full-scale stadiums, Blacksmith covers it all. A massive 1600 watts delivers a huge bass tone that will follow the user’s slightest moves while playing those hard-rocking bass lines and hammering riffs.
Taking bass to a higher level
Blacksmith offers more than excessive power, with renowned Bass amp 2.0 features such as integrated chromatic bass tuner, refined tone-shaping tools including 4 bands of EQ,
SpectraComp™ ‘per string compression’, TubeTone™ ‘complete Tube pre- and power amp
recreation’ and TweeterTone™ ‘intelligent HF control’ as well as the unique 3 user-defined
memories, Blacksmith takes bass amplification to a new level in more than one respect.
Anyone using different basses or changing playing style during shows, knows that a few amp presets would be welcome. Blacksmith offers 3 on-board user memories for effortless switching between 4 and 5-string basses or Rickenbackers and Fenders for that matter. Alternatively, three entirely different tones for one bass can be stored – e.g. overdrive, slap and a vintage tone.
8, 4 or 2 ohms, your choice
Blacksmith is capable of handling cabinet combinations all the way down to 2 ohms, so ultimately, four RS410 cabinets could be fired up simultaneously – that’s 16 x 10” or 8.7 square foot of speaker cones blasting air at the bass player standing in front of the rig… Better put that foot on the monitor to keep upright.
Blacksmith – be prepared, this will get loud!
Available: March, 2011
US$3,599 MSRP / €2,350 List Price (excl. VAT)
Blacksmith Main Features:
• Power – 1600 watts (4500 watts peak).
• Presets – 3 user-defined presets.
• On-board chromatic tuner – Always active for instant pitch monitoring at any time.
• SpectraComp™ – Multi-band compression – the musical way to compress!
• TubeTone™ – Emulation of both the tube preamp and tube power amp sections.
• 4-band EQ – Semi-parametric Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid and Treble.
• TweeterTone™ – Front panel tweeter level control for crisp and modern bass tones.
• Transformer balanced Line Driver – Studio-grade DI for ultra-clean signals to PAs or DAWs.