In 1975, Peavey revolutionized the working man’s loudspeaker with the SP®1. Now, Peavey does it again with the Dark Matter series of enclosures. Thanks to its new advanced DSP-equipped power section, the Dark Matter series outperforms any existing enclosure in its category. These high-S.P.L. (Sound Pressure Level) enclosures feature modern styling and come in four available models: the DM™ 112, DM™ 115, DM™ 118 Subwoofer and DM™ 115 Subwoofer.
The Dark Matter LCD display and associated selector knob allow users to choose various parameters of operation for the DSP-based EQ. This includes bass and treble control access, as well as EQ presets for different applications or speaker positions/locations. These presets provide users with a highly flexible method of configuring the powered speaker system for a specific use with minimal time and effort.
Fan cooled for maximum reliability, the DM 112 and DM 115 feature Peavey’s exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide™ technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound. The DM 118 and DM 115 Subwoofers provide powerful low end with fully adjustable KOSMOS® for increased bass impact, and feature forced air-cooled power amps for optimum reliability.
The ultra-reliable Dark Matter series enclosures are built tough with steel grilles and rugged injection molded cabinets. Their convenient design allows for use as floor monitors or pole-mounted speakers. Perfect for band, DJ or other musical applications, the Dark Matter enclosures produce crystal clear professional audio.
- Two-way bi-amplified powered speaker system
- 12” heavy-duty woofer
- DX™14 compression driver, with 1.4 inch titanium diaphragm
- Fan cooled for maximum reliability
- Exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide™ technology, 110 by 80 degree coverage
- XLR/1/4” TRS input
- A Mic/Line switch provides for two different gain settings
- XLR output
- Rugged plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- Cabinet has rear corner angled sides for floor monitor use
- Full-coverage perforated steel grilles with powder coat finish
- Pole mount molded-in for 1 3/8” diameter poles
- DM 112 Dimensions (HxWxD): 25.13” x 14.63” x 14.38; Weight: 37 lbs.
- DM 115 Dimensions (HxWxD): 27.94” x 16.75” x 15.06; Weight: 42 lbs.
- Vented bass powered subwoofer enclosure
- 15” heavy duty woofer
- Power amp has forced air cooling for maximum reliability
- Internal line level low-pass/high-pass crossover network
- Fully adjustable KOSMOS® for increased bass impact
- XLR/1/4” combo jack input
- Two high-pass XLR outputs, one full range thru XLR output
- Phase switch for phase reversal of subwoofer
- Ground lift for lifting cable shield from ground
- Full-coverage heavy-duty perforated steel grill
- Steel handles
- Compact dimensions for a 15” woofer based sub
- Threaded pole mount with speaker pole included
- DM 115 Subwoofer Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.25” x 16.75” x 23”; Weight: 71 lbs./32.2 kg.
- DM 118 Subwoofer Dimensions (HxWxD): 25.75” x 19.75” x 23”