January 14th, 2011 – Zoom takes the turbocharged design of the R24 and reduces the footprint for a portable, powerful music production solution. Like its predecessor, the R8 combines four production tools in a small, incredibly versatile device. In addition to 8-track playback and 2-track simultaneous recording using SD memory cards, the R8 is a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler.
“The R8 will fit in a guitar case, for a flexible, multi-track solution and the ultimate in portable recording,” says Rob Garofala, National Accounts Sales Manager for Samson. “More than ever before, Zoom users have all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings on-the-go.”
With a sampler function that consists of 24 built-in voices, the R8’s built-in drum sounds can be triggered using 8 pads and 3 bank keys to assign sounds to each track and create loops. You can also use the unit’s drum machine to create original backing beats, or simply output a metronome for tempo control.
The R8 comes with a 2GB SD card and supports up to 32GB SDHC cards for a maximum of 100 track hours. Using SD media for recording not only makes the R8 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for a crashing hard drive.
Take your R8 into your studio and record additional tracks using its USB audio interface. Then when you’re ready to mix, use the R8’s control surface capabilities to manage each function of your favorite DAW software. Incorporate any of the 150 guitar and studio effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound.
With the Zoom R8, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that fits in a gig bag and makes on-the-go multi-tracking easy.
- Almost the same functions as R24 packed into a compact body
- 8 tracks playback and 2 tracks simultaneous recording
- Audio Interface supports 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution
- Control Surface supports Mackie Control emulation
- Sampler function with touch-sensitive drum pads
- Drum Machine function allows creating original beats
- Over 150 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models
- Over four hours of operation using four AA batteries
- Includes 2GB SD card, 500MB drum loops, Steinberg Cubase LE DAW software