Featuring Five Classic API Modules, the Vision Channel Strip Provides the Punch, Presence, and Color of API’s Flagship Console
For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
Available for purchase via UA’s Online Store for $299, the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In is part of the new UAD Software v7.3.
API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In — $299
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API’s flagship Vision analog console
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Download UAD Software v7.3 here:
Learn more about the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in here:
Watch the API Vision Channel Strip video here:
Learn more about the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins here: